Please visit SQLVERSITY.COM for more details.
- Data is stored in physical order.
- The leaf nodes of Clustered indexes will contain actual data.
- Only one clustered index should exist in a table.
- Clustered index is slower than Non Clustered.
- It does not sort the data in physical order. But it will have the exact address of particular data.
- The leaf nodes of Non-clustered indexes will contain the pointer to the data.
- We can create Max 999 Non clustered indexes in a table.(As per SQL Server 2008)
- Non clustered index is faster than Clustered.